Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Presenting Acknowledgment terms in the Portal

Hi, we need to put some Acknowledgment terms in a Request Offering, and we need force users to put a check mark on each term before allowing them to save and submit the request. How do you guys display the terms in a nice, presentable way?

I have tried using the True/False question to display terms, and it gives me the below problems.

1. Cannot stop people from saving the form when one of the terms is remained uncheck,
  2. The words become Capital-small letters.

I have also tried using the Simple-List prompt. The terms then become all bold CAPITALS, and there is no way for us to unbold and decapitalize the words specifically to these terms only.

The above two methods also put everything left side, leaving a large empty space on the right.

Wonder if anyone here has presented these terms nicely in the Portal. If so, please let me know how you did it. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

This is something along the lines, which my colleague @Peter_Miklian brought up in this particular thread and I completely agree that having some sort of mechanism where the true / false checkbox would be the input that would decide whether the user can or can't submit the request would be beneficial.

Answers

Answer ✓

This is something along the lines, which my colleague @Peter_Miklian brought up in this particular thread and I completely agree that having some sort of mechanism where the true / false checkbox would be the input that would decide whether the user can or can't submit the request would be beneficial.

• Carol_LeeCarol_Lee Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks @Gabriel_Lences. I just voted the suggestion.

Then may I know what did you guys do at the end as a work around? Please advise.

We actually just put a plain display only text as a prompt and defined the wording on it like : "By submitting this request I acknowledge that ... etc."

So basically we just skipped the checkbox and rely on having it there as text only. Not a clean solution at all, but we didn't know how else to work around this as well so we just did it like this 😊🤷‍♂️

Thanks @Gabriel_Lences . Hope Cireson will add this much-needed feature soon.

@Carol_Lee Also this thread might solve your "capitalizating evey word" case , where if you put Geoff's code into custom.css it should help with the capitalization - non capitalization of words accross the whole portal. Give it a go maybe, see if it helps.☺️

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@Carol_Lee here's discussion which precedes the Feature request and is linked in it: required checkbox with solution from @Jeff_Lang adding a "@ForceAcceptance" tag into ROToolbox disabling the Save button until particular field is filled. In case you are using the ROToolbox...

But the easy way is as @Gabriel_Lences said: let the "Save" button work as "Save and agree". You can even rename it in Admin settings\Localization globally or maybe use custom *.js to rename it on particular pages.

It's basically the same as if you sign a paper document, you agree with all what's written there and you don't need to check/sign every point/clausula/sentence separately :) I'm not a lawyer but hope it's OK to take this approach. +it's definitely polite to let user know this explicitly with 1 simple sentence in Display only text. You cannot force them to read it "but not knowing the law is no excuse" :)