Home Advanced Request Offering

formatting in description field

alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2021 in Advanced Request Offering

Anyone know if its possible to add formatting to the Multiple Mapping Description field. It currently lumps all the fields that we add in the description into a blob in the email but leaves them in a list neatly in the browser.

I can add the HTML formatting and that helps for the email but the HTML shows in the browser, any way to fix this so I can format it.

Best Answer

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Okay seems like you might be stuck then, because you can't leave it in the description as that is just a text field so it won't render the HTML.

I guess the better way of doing this is not stuffing all the properties into one box, but either create custom properties if you need more space, or utilise other existing properties.

Then when you build the email template you can just add them one by one and build it how you like.

Thanks,

Shane

Answers

Hi @alex_kokin

Could you attach some screenshots of how you have it currently setup and what it ends up looking like for me?

Thanks,

Shane

• alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭

@alex_kokin

That looks good to me, so how does it look in the email then? and what does the email template look like?

In the email, it looks fine. If you look at the ticket in the portal, it shows all the html.

OH I see what you are saying now... that will be because you put html in the multiple mapping field.

If you take out the HTML in the multiple mapping how does the email end up looking?

If you take out the html, it loses all the formatting in the email.

Answer ✓

Okay seems like you might be stuck then, because you can't leave it in the description as that is just a text field so it won't render the HTML.

I guess the better way of doing this is not stuffing all the properties into one box, but either create custom properties if you need more space, or utilise other existing properties.

Then when you build the email template you can just add them one by one and build it how you like.

Thanks,

Shane