Home Analyst Portal

PDF links do not work in Service Offerings when used in Firefox

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Wwe offer a lot of Service Offerings on the portal that have a linked knowledgebase article. The KB article is selected in the Service Manager console in the request offering.

The article gets displayed in the section "Additional Information". When using the IE and clicking the link, the PDF opens fine in a new tab. When using Firefox, the link to the PDF gets added to the existing URL, a new tab opens but the PDF cannot be found.

Example: "http://xxx.yyyy.com/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/\\domain.net\Administration\SCSM\Knowledge\xxx.pdf"

Does anybody know how it would be possible to open PDF files from within the Portal when using Firefox? Some users just don't want to use IE browser. Firefox has version 38.4. I couldn't find a configuration to tell Firefox not to combine the link to the PDF with the URL.

Thanks.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ingrid, 
    Firefox is currently at version 48, have you tried upgrading? 
    I wasn't able to recreate your scenario in my lab environment for linking a PDF to a RO using a console version of a KB article. Would you be able to clarify how this works?
    Regards, 
    Tony
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to update the Firefox Version. We have a central Software Distribution with SCCM which regulates the versions of software on machines.

I create KB articles in the SCSM console in Library - Knowledge - All Knowledge Articles. There, I enter the UNC path to the PDF in the External Content URL field. Article has to be set to Published. Users need at least READ access to the UNC path where the PDF files reside.

In Service Catalog - Request Offerings, I take my request offering to link the article. I open the offering, go to Knowledge Articles and add the related knowledge article I've just created. The link gets displayed when you open the request in the Service Catalog under Additional Information.

You can also add the article to the Service Offering. Then, the link will be available on the right-hand side of the offering. It won't work either.

I hope you can now recreate the scenarion.

Regards

Ingrid