Home Orchestrator

User Input data from Incident Request form to Scorch Monitor

alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2021 in Orchestrator

I am trying to get a Resolution notification monitor working in orchestrator. In the Incident request form I multi-mapped some specific fields to the User Input. I them try to grab the User Input data in a Monitor to add to a email notification in that monitor.

I have also tried creating a email template in SM and going that route but it won't grab the User Input either.

Best Answer

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@alex_kokin - Have you verified that your UserInput isn't getting overwritten? The UserInput property usually stores the prompt results from the RO and is written upon saving the RO form which could (probably does) overwrite any mapping you would have configured. You might consider doing a Class Extension to hold these mapped values. You could also just stop mapping to the User Input field and parse the XML that gets written to the UserInput in your runbook.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@alex_kokin - Have you verified that your UserInput isn't getting overwritten? The UserInput property usually stores the prompt results from the RO and is written upon saving the RO form which could (probably does) overwrite any mapping you would have configured. You might consider doing a Class Extension to hold these mapped values. You could also just stop mapping to the User Input field and parse the XML that gets written to the UserInput in your runbook.