Home General Discussion

Help with complicated Notification Subscription

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭
edited April 2021 in General Discussion

Please bare with me while I attempt to explain what I am trying to do. We have a complicated Change Request process which requires layers of Review Activities:

1. Supervisor Approval - The approver is set via PSA (The CR is the Parent)
  2. Change Managers Approval - Approvers are static in the Change Request Template (The CR is Parent)
  3. Change Advisory Board Approval - Approvers are static in the template, but the review "teams" are selected via PSA and a Parallel Activity is allowing multiple review teas to be "activated" (The PA is Parent)
  4. Manual Activity - Implementer is set via PSA (The CR is Parent)
  5. Review Changes - Approvers are static in the Change Request Template (The CR is Parent)

Below is a visual representation of our process.....

Having so many layers makes it impossible to use one notification template for RA Notifications. So, I created one for RAs with (CH as a parent), and one with (PA as a parent). This seems to work with no issues:

My issue...

How in the world do I get them to send properly I have fought with this for days and cannot seem to get the subscriptions right. I have set up 2 subscriptions (described below), can you please look at them and tell me what I am doing wrong?

If the Parent is a Change Request and the Review Activity has a status of Active, then the Reviewer should get a notification built off the "CR - RA - Assigned - Reviewer" Template. By utilizing the methods outlined below:

If the Parent is anything other than Change Request or Parallel and the Review Activity has a status of Active, then the Reviewer should get a notification built off the "CR - RA - Assigned - Reviewer - (PA Parent)" Template. By utilizing the methods outlined below:

Answers

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited April 2021

I would also like to add that we do have the Notify Analyst App and it works great for one notification template.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eric_Evans - Did you sort this out?

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Yes, I did thank you by making my subscription use Status and Title for the "trigger".