Home Service Manager
Options

Email Notification References.

Nathan_BatesNathan_Bates Member IT Monkey ✭

Good Day all,

Hoping that some of the great minds here can help with the current issue I am looking at. Working on getting account creation automated in SCSM with the help of Orchestrator. I have the current workflow and runbooks working.

The end of the activity flow ends in a parallel activity with 3 manual activities nested in it. The issue that I am currently researching is properly communicating though email notification to the end user.

Email will correctly fire off when the manual activates are completed, but referencing information from the Parent SR is not going smoothly.

As a note, the parent work item is an SR that has been extended with new fields that get entered on the portal, I can successfully reference the "User Input" though out all of the activity flow and in each runbook, but even when selecting the individual fields for an email template all information is blank.

I did attempt to use SeedRole='Target' but that did not have the expected results, and from research seemed to only work for the Contains Activity related class.

Has anyone tackled this issue before?

Thank you all!

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Update:

I wanted to give an update on how I went forward with this issue.

I extended the individual activity types and added place holder properties with type of string.

I was then able to simply extended my current runbook and copy the properties from the parent SR to the nested MA and RA (When the property is read by Orchestrator it is always in the String type, even if it was different in the original SR). After that was completed, referencing the data is local to the MA and RA.

It does take a bit of setup and planning, but the results are strait forward and repeatable.

Hope this helps someone in the future, and if there are any suggestions I am always open to them.

Cheers.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

Update:

I wanted to give an update on how I went forward with this issue.

I extended the individual activity types and added place holder properties with type of string.

I was then able to simply extended my current runbook and copy the properties from the parent SR to the nested MA and RA (When the property is read by Orchestrator it is always in the String type, even if it was different in the original SR). After that was completed, referencing the data is local to the MA and RA.

It does take a bit of setup and planning, but the results are strait forward and repeatable.

Hope this helps someone in the future, and if there are any suggestions I am always open to them.

Cheers.