Home Analyst Portal

Bug in Advanced Request Offering ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi I noticed that after upgrading to the portal version 9.4.5.2016 some of my runbooks started failing. I analysed the root cause and it seems to come from the Advanced Request Offering fields with type "Display Only"

These fields appear as undefined in the User input, so they are no longer available for the subsequent powershell or SMA runbook activities. This is a change compared to previous behaviour

User Input**<UserInputs><UserInput Question="Titre - Titel : " Answer="TEST van een express ticket" Type="string" /><UserInput Question="Description - Omschrijving : " Answer="Dit is een test" Type="string" /><UserInput Question="Classification - Categorie" Answer="997d1dca-6064-879b-0422-62b4f4af794c" Type="enum" /><UserInput Question="Auto Close" Answer="true" Type="bool" /><UserInput Question="undefined" Answer="IT Operation LVL1" Type="undefined" /><UserInput Question="undefined" Answer="New-ExpressTicket" Type="undefined" /></UserInputs>

Wen the prompt is defined as "Required" instead of Display Only, the fields pass correctly into the User Input variable.

User Input**<UserInputs><UserInput Question="Titre - Titel : " Answer="2e test van een new express ticket" Type="string" /><UserInput Question="Description - Omschrijving : " Answer="Testing only" Type="string" /><UserInput Question="Classification - Categorie" Answer="997d1dca-6064-879b-0422-62b4f4af794c" Type="enum" /><UserInput Question="Auto Close" Answer="true" Type="bool" /><UserInput Question="Support Group : " Answer="IT Operation LVL1" Type="string" /><UserInput Question="Actionscript" Answer="New-ExpressTicket" Type="string" /></UserInputs>

Why was the previous behavior changed ? Can it be returned to how it was ? Otherwise I have to modify all my offerings to change display to required.

Stephane

Best Answer

Answers