Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Request failed for Approval

Hello,
when a user wants to approve an approval request with the green button, the error message : Request faild..... is displayed. but when he gets back into the activity and he clicks on approve it works?
I have this message in Console.log:
2017-11-29 15:17:42,184, ERROR [   1]:  Unable to validate license. Error: No license found.
2017-11-29 15:17:42,421, ERROR [   1]:  Unable to validate license. Error: No license found.
2017-11-29 15:17:42,424, ERROR [   1]:  Unable to validate license. Error: No license found.
2017-11-29 15:17:42,551, ERROR [   1]:  Unable to validate license. Error: Invalid license key.
2017-11-29 15:19:45,209, ERROR [   7]:  UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync threw an exception
2017-11-29 15:19:45,211, ERROR [   7]:  Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: L'utilisateur ES\s.medjkane ne dispose pas des autorisations suffisantes pour mener à bien cette opération.
   à Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
   à Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
   à Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   à Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitForUserDiscoverySource(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   à Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<InvokeCommand>b__0(EnterpriseManagementGroup emg)
   à Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand[T](Func`2 func, Boolean invokeAsService)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<InvokeCommandAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   à Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Projection.<UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync>d__14.MoveNext()

Thank you for your help

Comments

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    what version of the Portal are you running?
  • Medjkane_SalihaMedjkane_Saliha Member IT Monkey ✭
    hello,
    Self Service Portal  Version 8.1.2.2016
    thanks

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Medjkane_Saliha

it sounds like you are experiencing a known issue with version 8.1 which has been fixed in the latest release. The Approval page is sending back information about the Parent work item and trying to modify it, which is causing the update to fail. This does not happen when you update the activity from the traditional form. I would recommend that you update to version 8.2.1 when it is released.
    Hi John_Doyle
    and on version 8.2.0 the problem has been fixed?

Hi @Medjkane_Saliha
    It has been fixed in 8.2.0.
    If you want to install that version, just be aware that there is an issue with the installer. When you get to the Splash Screen, you have to click Browse installer files, go to the InstallationFiles\DBScripts folder and then edit the file PopulateDefaultSettingsItem.sql. Change line 88 so that it reads:
    (N'DefaultChangeRequestTemplate', 0, N'StandardChangeRequest'),<br>
    Save the file and proceed with the installation.
    If the License Settings page fails to display on the portal following the install, please run this query against the ServiceManagement database:
    INSERT [SettingsItem] ([Key],[TenantId],[Value])<br>VALUES('AdvancedRequestOfferingKey',0,'')
    Restart the website and you should be able to access the page.

Hi @john_doyle
    I installed version 8.2.0, the problem of approval is solved, thank you
    I did not have a problem that you mentioned during the installation !!!!! I checked in the portal is the correct version installed, but a warn about the connection with the SQL server "incorrect syntax" Data Source = SBBH-SQL04.cnep.net, 53606;
    in my platform the connection port has SQL is 53606

thank you for your assitance

Hi @Medjkane_Saliha
    The syntax looks correct to me. If it was just a warning in the installer, but the portal is connecting to the database without issue, then I would just ignore it.
    Hi @john_doyle
    Ok , thank you
    thank you for your assitance

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We've just experienced this issue on 10.4.3 with one of our users , can anyone on this version confirm this behaviour before i raise an IR? :/

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a bug around this.

• Agustina_GonzalAgustina_Gonzal Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi all, experiencing same issue with some of our users on Portal V 9.4.5.2016.

Other users with same AD Groups are able to approve without problem so not sure of whats happening.

Has anyone been able to figure out why this happens?