Home Analyst Portal
Options

RA status shows Complete on WI but not in MyWork or Search view

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
When I look at the status on an RA on a CR WI it shows completed in portal and console which is right... however under mywork and search the status says in-progress how can I change the view status to match the actually status?

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike

If the portal grid views are not reflecting the correct status it indicates an issue with the cachebuilder not replicating data across into the ServiceManagement DB.

Id recommend checking your cache builder is running and checking your cachebuilder logs for any errors.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Joe, Cache builder is running.... of course we don't have logging on right now.... I'm curious what is the overhead of having logging enabled so when issues happen we can capture what is going on? It's difficult in a production environment to stop cache builder and set logging ...any issues with logs growing and filling up C drive... also when logging is on
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike

The default logging level of ERROR should (in most cases) catch the issue and be the last line in the log file. As an error\issue will be preventing the workitemupdate command from executing.

Usually we recommend just turning to ALL when troubleshooting an issue and turning it back to ERROR after a log file has been captured so it doesn't balloon like you mention. However it would take a long time to fill something like C up and ive never seen a log file > GB when working with customers.

Let me know how you get on.
    Cheers
    Joe