Home General Discussion

Jira - Cireson integration

Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

our Internal security team would uses Jira as their ticketing system. They would like to exchange information with IT system (=SCSM+Cireson).

I wonder if anyone has such Jira-Cireson integration and could share details how it works, what is transferred, etc.

I found only 1 relevant discussion when searching for "Jira" in Community: What kind of automation (SCSM, SCOM, SMA/SCO) does your organization leverage? with answers related to Jira from @John_Long and @Christopher_Carver. Maybe you could tell something more :) Thank you.

Best Answer

• John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @Peter_Miklian ,

Yeah, I'm delving into a OneDrive folder of my PowerShell which brings me shame, but we used to sync things over with the PSJira PowerShell module.

Mainly just pushing work items across systems and trying to cross-close. It did work but we only had it going for a year.

I've since written a LogicApp connector the Cireson Portal API which helps us in our automation. If we were to do this again, I'd likely leverage that and the Jira Connector (JIRA - Connectors | Microsoft Docs).

In the absence of having that luxury though, then with PowerShell + workflows: GitHub - AtlassianPS/JiraPS: PowerShell module to interact with Atlassian JIRA

Answers

edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Hi @Peter_Miklian ,

Yeah, I'm delving into a OneDrive folder of my PowerShell which brings me shame, but we used to sync things over with the PSJira PowerShell module.

Mainly just pushing work items across systems and trying to cross-close. It did work but we only had it going for a year.

I've since written a LogicApp connector the Cireson Portal API which helps us in our automation. If we were to do this again, I'd likely leverage that and the Jira Connector (JIRA - Connectors | Microsoft Docs).

In the absence of having that luxury though, then with PowerShell + workflows: GitHub - AtlassianPS/JiraPS: PowerShell module to interact with Atlassian JIRA

Back at that time we were using SMA Runbooks, but we've since swapped to Azure Automation runbooks.

We had a custom incident class which contained some custom fields used to map to the JIRA instance, project and issue type.

Here's a link to what worked at the time for creation. Might help, but should be reworked heavily! :D

Creates JIRA work item from Incident (github.com)