Home Analyst Portal

Hide "inactive" Business services

Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Analyst Portal

We did Business services (BS) revision and want to get rid of some old that are no more used but don't want to delete them from SCSM because of historical data (relationships to old tickets).

I hoped that if I'd change the BS status to Decommissioned or something like that it won't display in the portal anymore. But it does. BS is visible disregarding its status. Our Service desk is linking BSs to IRs and they could be confused/make mistakes when they see those "not used anymore".

Is there any chance to hide them? I think some javascript code could hide them. Wouldn't some setting like "User/Group query" in portal Admin settings filtering users in search fields be more systematic? What do you think? How do you handle such situations?

This question could be generalized to not only BSs but all items available in search fields. Thanks.

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Best way to hide something from a view is to create a new view with the status criteria removing the Decommissioned status from the view. Once you have the new view, promote it to the portal and scope it like the old view.

See https://kb.cireson.com/article/how-to-promote-a-view-from-the-scsm-console-to-the-portal/31

Items will still appear in the portal if directly linked to, however you will no longer see them in views, which is how most people access config items when using the portal.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus 1 to @Tony_Collett's suggestion

Another option would be to use a SQL/oData widget and add a filter for the data coming through which you can do for both methods.