Home Analyst Portal

Can I increase the number of favorites?

Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited May 2021 in Analyst Portal

I searched for this but didn't see anything.

My colleagues would like more favorites and/or the ability to scroll through more than 5.

Ideas?

Best Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jeff_Landers

It turns out this is actually rather simple as long as you do not want more than 10 haha.

The API call returns 10 results but we only display. You can just use the below css to display all 10, or if you want to display 8 for example I can edit it:

.sc-item-list.alt-top-list .media-heading small, .sc-item-list.alt-top-list .media:nth-child(n+6) {

display: block;

}

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Shane

• Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Yes. 12 actually but it only shows 9. It is better than it was at 5 so no worries.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jeff_Landers - Which favorites are you talking about?

The favorite request offerings on the portal. home page

Answer ✓

Hi @Jeff_Landers

It turns out this is actually rather simple as long as you do not want more than 10 haha.

The API call returns 10 results but we only display. You can just use the below css to display all 10, or if you want to display 8 for example I can edit it:

.sc-item-list.alt-top-list .media-heading small, .sc-item-list.alt-top-list .media:nth-child(n+6) {

display: block;

}

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane,

Thank you for the reply. Just to be sure, which file is this code being placed in?

Jeff

@Jeff_Landers You enter these changes into C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace\custom.css

Save the changes and hard reload the browser and test :-)

Shane

@Shane_White , I can only get it to display 9 using 10.2.3.2016. I changed the 6 to a 7 and I only got 8 back so that didn't help. If 9 is the limit, that's fine.... just an FYI

Jeff

Hi @Jeff_Landers As I said the API always brings back 10 so that is the limit, do you have 10 favourited request offerings?

Answer ✓

Yes. 12 actually but it only shows 9. It is better than it was at 5 so no worries.

Hmm it should show 10, not sure without seeing what it looks like in your environment!