Home Analyst Portal - Community

Platform cache failing

Ryan_ActonRyan_Acton Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'm getting the following error in the platform cache log, and it appears to be causing major issues with caching in the portal.

"System.Exception: Exception occurred initializing app domain ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: There is already an object named 'csn_Portal_User' in the database"

There does not appear to be a 'csn_Portal_User' in our AD or user objects in SCSM so I am not sure what this is referencing.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ryan_Acton - What issues are you having with caching are you having in the portal?

• Ryan_ActonRyan_Acton Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman Work Items aren't getting up to date statuses/info. Items that have been completed are still showing as in progress. Items that went from pending to in progress sometimes don't show up for days. This is happening in the 'Active Work' view, and in custom searches.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ryan_Acton - This sounds like more of a problem with the cachebuilder service. You might check the cachebuilder log at c:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\logs.

• Ryan_ActonRyan_Acton Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman That was my first thought, but I didn't see too much in the cachebuilder log. Once a day it is having 'Group not found' errors for quite a few of our groups. Beyond that, there does not appear to be issues.

My other concern with the platform cache is that we keep having to restart it. It doesn't seem to stay running.