Home CMDB Portal

Hardware Asset Table won't be synced

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

yesterday we found out about a problem with one of our cached SQL Database tables. In short, our Hardware Asset table did not update since May, 8th 2021.

In detail: In our "Dynamic Data" Section of our Cireson Portal, we added the "MT_Cireson$AssetManagement$" entry, so all of our Hardware Assets will be synced from this SCSM table to our ServiceManagement Database into the csnCached_HardwareAsset table. Until May, 8th 2021 everything worked fine and there haven't been any sync issues. But yesterday we found out that there were no entries for Hardware Assets, which were created after May 9th, 2021 at 00:00.

So after some investigation I stopped the Platform Cache and Cachebuilder Service and then did a Truncate on this table. Afterwards I started the Platform Cache and the Cache Builder again. Even after we waited more than 12 hours, no entries have been made. So today morning I navigated to the "Dynamic Data --> Troubleshooting" section and did the following:

1. Rebuild Dynamic Data Models
  2. Purge Platform Cache Data
  3. Reset Platform Cache
  4. Schedule Platform Cache Sync

All other cached tables have been flushed and refilled with these steps. Only the Hardware Asset one is still empty (We waited 5 hours so far). I also checked the Platform Cache and Cache Builder Log files and there are no error messages - At least in the Cache Builder; in the Platfrom Cache log we have the same error message all the time:

("Main Exception 2021-05-21T11:11:04.8703571+02:00: HResult: -2146232060, Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider, Message: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding., InnerException: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out, StackTrace  at PlatformCache.Data.Services.Implementations.Database.<ReadFromParameterizedSql>d__5`1.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Cireson.WebConsole\PlatformCache.Data\Services\Implementations\Database.cs:line 66

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()")

But this message also appeared before we had these syncing issues in our HardwareAsset table.

So my question is: Is there any way to delete this table and force the CacheBuilder to rebuild it? Or is there any way to force a rebuild and delete the "old" table automatically?

Best Answer

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Peter_Miklian Sure I will ;-)

As it is for now, everything is fine. But we have to onboard around 800 new clients this week, so if there are any issues I will report it of course :)

Answers

After 3 days (over the weekend) suddenly the table has been synced. We didn't do anything. 🙄

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Simon_Zeinhofer - Glad to hear you got this sorted!

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what could cause this issue?

@Simon_Zeinhofer, please keep us updated in case of re-occurrence or any further clues.

Our analyst reported situation similar to this: they add new assets using the portal, get no error but cannot see them in the portal. They are visible in SCSM console, thought.

We restarted Platform Cache, even whole SCSM server infrastructure (MS updates ;)), didn't help.

Answer ✓

@Peter_Miklian Sure I will ;-)

As it is for now, everything is fine. But we have to onboard around 800 new clients this week, so if there are any issues I will report it of course :)