Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Support for URL Parameters to populate Request Forms of Request Offerings

Similar to the recent news of "New Work Item Creation Pages now Support URL Parameters", it would be very great to be able to allow URL Parameters to be used to pre-populate a Request Form of a Request Offering.

This would allow links to specific Request Offerings to pre-populate the Request Form when we are directing end-users to fill out a request, but we contextually know some of the information in advance.

An example might be used in a generic "report an issue" type of RO, where there is a text field for the topic that could become pre-populated, because the link that directed the user to the RO was from a KB article for a specific piece of software.

Another example would be a Service Request that was for several groups to use for a standard operation, but there is a request by a subset of individuals to pre-populate the fields that rarely change for them.
15 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Scott_MceleneyScott_Mceleney Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I second this, we would find this really useful as we have processes that need to start in one form technology but then links into our IT process via URL to the RO. Most of the infromation is input in the first form, but is also needed in the RO.
  • Scott_MceleneyScott_Mceleney Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited October 2018
    A colleague and I have come up with a work around to this in the last few hours, which i hope is useful to anyone who is looking to implement this style of functionality.

Add the following to your custom.js:

addEventListener("load", function () {
    var hashParams = window.location.hash.substr(1).split('&');
    for(var i = 0; i < hashParams.length; i++){
    var p = hashParams[i].split('=');
    document.getElementById(p[0]).value = decodeURIComponent(p[1]);;
    }
    });

Once this is added get the id of the field(s) you are trying to populate, this should start something like "textarea...." and add it to the URL in the following manner:

http://<servername>/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/<guid>,<guid>#textarea.....=<content>&testarea2....=<content&gt;

and this works. Its only in beta for us at the moment, and we are still working out some bugs. (Be careful if you update the RO in SCSM it will change the guids that follow the "testarea..."

// BETA, definitely not copied and pasted from StackOverflow
    // ... ok it was from here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14070105/pre-fill-form-field-via-url-in-html

any questions please ask, I will post something in the customisation section at some point soon
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Any update on this? Yesterday I saw link to create a Jira issue with fields prefilled using parameters in URL and found it very useful to have such functionality in Cireson Portal, too. Most ARO prompts (Date, Decimal, Integer, Simple list (use index in dropdown?), Text, True/False) could be parsed and prepopulated (I can't imagine MP Enumeration List and Query Results) if they'd have unique identifiers.

@Gabriel_Lences found this old topic.

@Adam_Dzyacky what do you think about this? It could be a step to better "communication" (integration?) of Cireson portal with other tools using this kind of "API". Thanks.