Home Service Manager

Integration Microsoft SSPR with SCSM

Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone has done integration Microsoft Self Service Password Reset with SCSM to register SR orr IR when user reset their password and can share the simplest way?

Answers

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I don't have any experience with SSPR but you could just make a request offering that links directly to the Microsoft page for password resets, not sure if that is tracked at all in the system though.

You could also just make a simple RO that has a runbook activity that sends an email to the customer with the link to the password reset. That would create the SR and auto close itself after the email is sent.

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for answer, we have dont that.

I need integration from SSPR to cireson that there SR could be created where user reset password with microsoft service.

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

If you're just trying to do some kind of api access to the Microsoft service than you're not really using the SSPR? You could use the Cireson PowerShell activity to run a scrip that does whatever you need, weather that is sending an email with a link to the SSPR or resetting their password directly in AD.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I'm going to type outloud here a bit so bear with me:

• I was going to suggest some combination of Azure Monitor/ITSM Connector, but even if possible it would only generate Incidents and not Service Requests like you want
    • The next thought would be using using some mechanism to call our new Cloud Connector in v11 of the portal that enables you quick Rest based ways to create/update Work Items. This doesn't use the ITSM connector, but still requires some Azure mechanism for capturing when this event occurs.
    • If that wasn't doable, I'd say this feels like a regularly scheduled PowerShell job (on premise or Azure Automation) that parses the audit logs for this Azure event and then creates Closed SRs to avoid notification storms to Affected Users. This is an asynchronous route that lets users reset their own passwords and SRs silently create themselves in the background.

Last I checked, there isn't a lot of customization opportunity with SSPR from a notification perspective. I just know the Audit event exists so I'd like to believe there is some way to capture its occurrence in a meaningful way.