Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Remote Support Ports

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hello All,

Does the Remote Support server still use port 135 to connect to remote hosts? Or does it also port 5985? Trying to figure out which ports I need to have opened on the firewalls.  Also the connection to the hosts originates solely from the server now right?

Thanks,
James

Best Answer

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @James_Johnson

Remote Support uses WMI ports so this includes port 135 but for more specific ports as it can use a range:

HTTP: 5985

HTTPS: 5986PowerShell Remoting/WinRM listen on these ports:

HTTP: 5985

HTTPS: 5986 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shane.

• Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am sorry guys but this is not clear to me.  Is Clients to Web Page all of the workstations that are being managed in the domain or is that the Help Desk/Support workstation that are using Remote Support ie. the IT Support network segment?

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Clients to webpage is just for accessing the the web site, probably just your IT group.

Ports 1433 and 5985 are the ones the server are using to reach out to the managed machines.

So what do I have configured wrong when it just says Application is loading?

Just when you're trying to launch the site? That's not related to port issues, check the log in the app data folder C:\ProgramData\Cireson.Platform.Host

This is the error in the log Main Exception 2021-06-17T10:19:00.0424466-07:00: HResult: -2146233088, Source: Microsoft.Practices.Unity, Message: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Cireson.SyncFramework.ConfigurationManager.Handlers.WqlSyncFullSetHandler`1[Cireson.ControlCenter.Core.Models.ConfigurationManager.CmDistributionPointGroup]", name = "(none)".

Probably best to just open a ticket with Cireson for this.