Home Advanced Request Offering

Complex query prompt critieria question with custom relationship types & type projections

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have created some custom user relationship types on the Asset Management Organization class (for example, Organizations have Type A and Type B users). We have also created custom type projections to use these relationships in RO Query prompts. For example, prompt #1 = pick the Organization, prompt #2 uses a token from prompt #1 to show the Type A users. This all works well & reliably.

However, I have a requirement for a new RO to change prompt #2 in the above sample. In this case, the change to the desired criteria is that I want the query prompt to display all users that are Type A, but not Type B (still uses the same token from prompt #1).

I have tried adding both relationship types to a custom type projection at the same level, as well as a nested type projection and so far have not been able to get the criteria to work the way as desired. What I'm looking to do is use the following criteria: 'show all typeA users from Organization XYZ' and where typeA.User <> typeB.User.

The main reason seems to be that I cannot use a token from the 'current' prompt (not a prior prompt) in order to compare type A and type B users. The only other approach I'm thinking might work would be to extend the type A relationship type with a property (say a boolean) to identify if the type A user is also a type B or not. However, it's not clear to me if/how the portal and RO would/could leverage properties on relationship types.

Anyone else try to do something like this?

Answers

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Chris_Chekaluk1 ,

Checking in on this question and just wondering if you have made any progress since you posted. Do you have an alternative or workaround in place, and is this still an issue?

Looking forward to an update.

Thanks,

Steve