Home Asset Management

Allow Asset Management custom forms to be edited in the Authoring Tool

Bryan_McCartneyBryan_McCartney Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
We are currently able to create a custom field using the Hardware Asset class extension feature.  The information appears correctly in the portal.  However, it only appears in the 'extension' tab in the console.  When I attempt to customize the form, everything appears to work correctly.  The new label and list picker fields are added to the form, and the form is saved in the Authoring Tool.  When I re-open the 'saved' xml in the Authoring Tool, the customizations disappear.

Best Answers

Answers

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Do you mean that your form customization on Asset Management classes only show on the Extensions Tab and not on the AM form? Did you add the form customization to a custom tab, or to the existing form. Did you extend a relationship or property?
  • Bryan_McCartneyBryan_McCartney Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Damon,  I extended the hardware asset class in the Authoring Tool, and added a class (property) named "Computer Use."  I sealed the MP and imported it into SM.  Then, using the form browser, I created a new unsealed MP to customize the Hardware Asset form.  When I attempt to make changes to the unsealed form (ie., add a label, and a list picker to the Hardware Asset form), and save the unsealed MP, the changes do not save.  So, although the form appears correctly in portal, it only shows in the extensions tab in the console since I cannot save changes to the unsealed hardware asset form.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    1. When you created the form extension, did you add your own tab and add the list picker there?
    2. When you binded the list property to the form list picker, did you have the sealed MP for the class extension opened on the AT or was the unsealed class extension open? You need to make sure you close the unsealed class extension and open the sealed one before you bind the property.
    3. In order for your extension to show in the console, you will have to delete the "CiresonAssetManagementPreviewFormsEnablers.mp"
  • Bryan_McCartneyBryan_McCartney Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Damon.

1.  I did not add a tab.  I added the label and list picker on the General tab, under the [Hardware Asset Status] field.

2.  No.  Both of these MPs were closed.  The only open MP was the unsealed Hardware Asset Extension Form

3.  Ok...but I never get this far...

I add the Label and List Picker to the form, save the solution, close it, then re-open.  When I re-open the form, the label and list picker I added to the General tab are gone.

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@damon_mulligan's link cannot be accessed anymore.

@Adam_Dzyacky (or anyone from Cireson), could you post new link to the guide? Or was it outdated and is no longer available on purpose? Thank you.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

@Peter_Miklian

I can have a dig about but its probably outdated. What are you trying to do?

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@Geoff_Ross nothing specific. I was just reading some pages about authoring and was curious what this document contains, maybe something useful :) Never mind, don't bother searching for it, thank you.