Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

View Manual Activity history in the portal

Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We have a common complaint from our analysts: when they're looking at a CR or SR, there's no easy way to see who made a note on manual activities, or who marked them complete/skipped. The full console & Outlook console both allow you to view the history on MAs; it'd be great if we could view this information in the portal too, as that's the main interface that most analysts use for their day-to-day work. 
32 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    +1   We need to know who did what on MAs for sure.
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    +1 We have some service request for which we have a very specific process and we want to check quiclky who did what and even to print it easlily for audit department.
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree here.

With a little bit of customization you can make this free download work for you as a stop gap in the meantime!

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/378/show-cr-activity-history-in-the-portal?new=1
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Thanks Seth, this works great!

We have a bunch of activities nested within Parallel & Sequential activities, which weren't showing properly in there (it'd just show the parent activity, no child activities). I made a slight change to the script to get it to process those too. Edit: I'll post the changes here as soon as I confirm that they're working in all situations - I'd posted them earlier, but found that they weren't returning all of the activities in very long workflows.
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm posting it here in case anyone else is in the same boat as us. On very long workflows, it will make the form take a second or two longer to load. I'm sure someone better at JavaScript than me could fix that up. :smile: 

Function to get all child activities, not just the top level ones:
    function GetActivitiesRecursively(activities) {
        var allActivities = [];
        var length = activities.length;

for (var i = 0; i < length; i++) {
            var currentActivity = activities[i];
            allActivities.push({            
    "Id": currentActivity.BaseId,
    "Title": currentActivity.Id + " - " + currentActivity.Title
            });
            // If the current activity has any child activities, process those too
            if (currentActivity.Activity && currentActivity.Activity.length > 0) {
                 allActivities = allActivities.concat(GetActivitiesRecursively(currentActivity.Activity));
            }
        }
        return allActivities
    }

Change to how we create the custom task:
    app.custom.formTasks.add('ChangeRequest', "Activity History", function (formObj, viewModel) {
        var activities = GetActivitiesRecursively(pageForm.viewModel.Activity);
    CRGetActivityHistory(activities);
    });
    Thanks for this very good task. Just one remark, I don't know why but the user is always the workflow one instead of the real user who mark as finish the activity. Could you help me on this ?
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this very good task. Just one remark, I don't know why but the user is always the workflow one instead of the real user who mark as finish the activity. Could you help me on this ?
    This is an issue we've experienced as well - makes it very difficult to know who is acutally marking as complete.
    In my case, we have audit needs, I change all MA to RA. The problem is now that I need to fill manually all the "reviewer" although in MA I had extended the class with support group field.
  • Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

is there any update on that?

I need history for related SR/CR activities in the portal ;)

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hey Peter--

We have a custom 'Show History' task that my predecessor had setup, it provides a drop-down to select from the SR/IR and the related MA in the History tab.

It has been very useful to not have to go into the console to look at the history of any of the related object. But to be clear, this does not show 'Related Work Item' history, just the WI and it's child activities. I'm not sure if it works on CR as we currently do not utilize Change Management in SCSM.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for and I can post it in the Community uploads.

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

PS. I have tried the 'Activity History' task as well. I like that you only have to drop it into CustomSpace. Ours makes a small edit to one of the JS files outside of CustomSpace.

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply! I've putted your second solution already to the customspace ;).

Just wanted to have an out of the box solution.

Thats a link to the solution i uses, its updated by Adam:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/378/show-cr-activity-history-in-the-portal

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted throw an idea out here as a potential means forward.

Would anyone find it interesting to be able to see Activity History and the Parent Work Item History in a single view? In this way, you would see the entire timeline of events that transpired throughout a Work Item (i.e. Change, Service, Release) without having to piece the information together from different views.

Thoughts?

@Adam_Dzyacky: thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate your idea ;)

Just one input from my side:

Maybe its possible to display what is parent at what is child activity history. Probably different colours, a specific button for activity history or an own tab.