Home General Discussion

Because of no Incident (IR) or Service Request (SR) easy switch button and API for telco caller ID?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Question #1

Our organization has about 400 staff working in a Cireson Service Portal at any given time. One of the things that continues to be brought up is an easy way to switch an IR work item to a SR work item. Because our Cireson Service Portal is accessible by about 15K employee's, often times work items get created incorrectly or just need to be changed based on how the service actually works or a misunderstanding of what the service should deliver. Long story short, we still need an easy way to switch an IR to an SR ticket or vice versa. Because we don't have this, we are either manually recreating a request, or the request continues on in an incorrect form and metrics are not accurate.

To date the best response I've got is some code patches that our system admin 'could' install to allow tickets to be switched IF they haven't been saved. This is not effective in most situations as the tickets have been saved. We literally just need a drop down menu that identifies if this is a Incident or a Service Request that can be modified after ticket creation. Similar to Category/Area.

Cireson Commnity, any help/suggestions on how I can mitigate this?

Question #2

Has anyone done any work with APIs where telephone caller information is automatically brought into Cireson Service Portal? We have made a large investment in getting caller ID information accurate, seems we should be able to get this info directly into Cireson. Any thoughts

Thanks Cireson Community. Long time Cireson Portal customer. 😊

Best Answer

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks Adam, I'll provide this to our decision makers and see if they can budget anything for this. We have multiple VOIP solutions but I would hope or suspect that there is some standard API on their side that this information is available in. But I don't know.

Really appreciate your responses to these, for now we are going to look at the IR/SR switch. If that works you will hear the cheering from where you are.

Thanks.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

We have two add-ins to address this need! Convert IR to SR and SR to IR. You can grab them from the Knowledge Base over here.

Second, when you say "telephone caller information is automatically brought into Cireson Service Portal" what are you looking to do with it? Or perhaps, what's the workflow/scenario you are envisioning using this data?

edited August 2021

Thanks Adam, having our admin look at the KB article now. If it works 'after' a ticket is saved this will be big for our organization.

On the phone call, I want the information that is in caller ID on our VOIP phone to be automatically in a ticket on our screen. Basically I want integration between the ticket system and the phone system. So when the phone rings we don't have to waste 2 minutes asking for contact information and then finding the correct user profile in our 50k user directories. Our Identity Management is not good and we have multiple databases of unreliable inaccurate information. If the phone system and the ticket system can talk to each other I can then justify spending the money to get that database accurate.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

On the phone call, I want the information that is in caller ID on our VOIP phone to be automatically in the ticket that is coming up

Got it. So the scenario is the phone rings, you answer, and that caller id data makes its way into a new work item. Ultimately what this will come down to is the ability to hook into phone events that occur when the phone rings. However, this would be fairly unique to your phone system so it's hard for me to offer a lot of step by step guidance here.

But assuming those events in your phone system exist and you have someway to hook into them, there shouldn't be anything stopping you from creating new Work Items through the Cireson Portal APIs. Which is something I/we could provide more step by step guidance on!

Answer ✓

Thanks Adam, I'll provide this to our decision makers and see if they can budget anything for this. We have multiple VOIP solutions but I would hope or suspect that there is some standard API on their side that this information is available in. But I don't know.

Really appreciate your responses to these, for now we are going to look at the IR/SR switch. If that works you will hear the cheering from where you are.

Thanks.