Home Analyst Portal

My Requests

Zach_FlesherZach_Flesher Member IT Monkey ✭

Is there a way to replace the Affected User field with Assigned To? This field seems to be pointless since every ticket under My Requests I created. I think it would be more helpful to know who is assigned to my ticket easily so I can contact them if I had a question about my open ticket.

Thank you,

Zach

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

HI @Zach_Flesher - It's not possible to edit these default grids like My Requests. It is possible however to create a custom SQL dashboard page that shows whatever details you want and have your users look at that. Here's an article explaining how to add a SQL table widget to a dashboard page:

How To: Add An SQL Table Widget (cireson.com)

To query for work items that belong to the logged in user, you can do a query like this:

select WorkitemId, Title, AffectedUser, sds.DisplayString as 'Status', CreatedDate, LastModified from WorkItem w

join DisplayString sds

on sds.ElementID = w.StatusId

WHERE AffectedUserId = @UserId

I will say that most Service Desks don't necessarily want to expose the assigned user to the Affected User. You might reconsider if that's a good fit for your users and analysts.

• Zach_FlesherZach_Flesher Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi @Justin_Workman,

Thank you for the info. We don't have the dashboard feature for the portal so this wont be possible. We let our users know who the assigned to user is that way they can contact them at anytime if they have a question about their ticket.

Thanks again,

Zach