Home Analyst Portal

Activity in same Queue as parent?

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Is there a way to have any activities that are created with a parent fall in the same queue as the parent? I cant seem to a criteria that I could define a "Has Parent" Property?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric, queues can only contain one type of item. Even if you drilled down into a combination class, it will always be qualifying objects of the base class selected on the General tab of the queue wizard.

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited August 2021

Justin, excuse me if I am showing my ignorance (we both know I am no stranger at doing that lol), what happens if I select "Work Item" does that not encompass all items? (just wondering for my own educations as I am relatively new still).

I think I can use the "Add Task" feature to circumvent the issue, but for whatever reason the "Ok" and "Cancel" are not showing, any ideas?

I looked in the console and it's not throwing any errors....

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Work Item might actually work! If your criteria is the same for parent and child, they should both fall into the same queue. For the task, it is probably a compatibility issue with 10.5.x and greater. The custom tasks shouldn't be necessary if you're on a version greater than or equal to 10.5 because the add activity functionality is native in the portal now.

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Yeah I use Work Item quite a bit for my queues that is why I was confused. lol So, you are saying that On the right I should be seeing an "Add Activity" Option?