Home General Discussion

Should I see a task for "Add Activity"?

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Should I see a task for "Add Activity" on the right side under the tasks heading?

I have the Plus buttons within the Activities portion of the Request, but that does not give me the ability to select a template. Is there something that I am missing?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

@Eric_Evans

There have been plenty of Custom 'Add Activity' task solutions knocking around this forum over the years. However, the build in solution does not use a task. It used those plus buttons in the activity list / diagram to add MA, RA or PA using the template defined in the settings. It does not let you choose a template at runtime. The thinking here was that the average analyst shouldn't really need to worry about templates etc.

Geoff

Answers

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Eric,

I would check the browser log for errors first,

second ist the configuration of e.g. "DefaultManualActivityTemplate" Name in the Administrative settings.

Probably you have renamed the standard templates ;)?

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

I don't see anything in the logs that are concerning, nor do I in the browser console logs. I am not even sure that I SHOULD be seeing an "Add Activity" option under tasks. I thought I remembered seeing it at one time though.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

@Eric_Evans

There have been plenty of Custom 'Add Activity' task solutions knocking around this forum over the years. However, the build in solution does not use a task. It used those plus buttons in the activity list / diagram to add MA, RA or PA using the template defined in the settings. It does not let you choose a template at runtime. The thinking here was that the average analyst shouldn't really need to worry about templates etc.

Geoff

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

@Geoff_Ross

Thank you for the answer.