Home Analyst Portal
Options

Changing Assets tab on UserRelatedInfoById.js

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Because we have a lot of shared machines, we want to change the UserRelatedInfoById to pull from the OwnedBy instead of the HardwareAssetHasPrimaryUser. So far, no luck.

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Brian_Winter

Should be a case of flipping the property in the form definition from the Primary User Relationship to the Owned By Relationship. I think that data is already in the view model.

Does any of the above make sense to you? Have you already tired that?

Geoff

• Options

I did try OwnedBy, OwnedByUser, Target_HardwareAssetHasOwnedBy and a few others, but no joy.

• Options

Hi Brian.

Try 'ConfigItem'

NB that there's no type constraint on the Type Projection used so you will get any Config Item that the user is the Owner of.

I'm typically using the DynamicData page for the User CI to see user data rather than the UserRelatedInfoById as you can configure the Type Projection for that to bring in a lot more relationships. Assigned Licences, Consumables (and take out the AssignedWorkItems seeing as that's pointless for End Users and pulls back massive amounts of data for Analysts).

Geoff

• Options

So I know how to customize the DD page per group. I'd keep a simple copy of UserRelatedInfoById for End Users and a simplified (remove unused fields) version of the Config Item view for IT Analysts.

Now I'm thinking for Analysts, present a read-only URIBI General tab and maybe a few other tabs that the bosses like to view (they're in love with URIBI and hate the Config Item DD form).

Then add the standard DD tabs (edited out the unused fields) following the URIBI tabs.

The real-world problem is that leadership loves the easy-to-review Related Info page and finds the Config Items DD form complicated and confusing.

(when will the Chimps stop working for the Gorillas? Hail Ceasar!)

• Options

Yes, I forgot that important step. To change the 'General' tab of the User DD form to a 'read only' style with Display type prompts rather than String. Here's an example form, you'll need a custom TP to liven up some parts of it.

Geoff

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Geoff_Ross with the help of this, I was finally able to show a Users' consumables directly on the user page. I created a Type Porojection for that and it works perfectly.

2 things I wanted to ask whatsoever:

1. The manager field inside the domain user form is now always empty. The "Managers" Relationship is included in my custom TP but I think this only goes for the direct reports. Do you know what might be the issue here, as in the custom form it is declared as "Manager.Displayname".
    2. I included the OwnedBy Relationship in my Custom TP and still no assets are shown there. In the Projection Builder I saw many Owned By Relationships, is it possible that I have to include all of them?

One thing about the consumables. The count from the relationships is not shown, when I copy-paste the line from the Consumable custom form. Are there any thoughts about including the Consumable Relation inside the DOmain User form as standard and connecting the count? With that it would be so much easier to have a look at the consumables a certain user uses. And if someone e.g. wants a 2nd headset we could increase the count directly in the user form and we do not have to search for the user in teh consumable object to increase the count there.