Home Analyst Portal
Options

Installation of Cireson fails (Certificate)

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,

we installed our new SCSM 2019 server farm yesterday and also installed 3 SCSM Management Servers.

Today we started our Cireson installation on one of them. The installation runs fine, until the installation of the platform cache service. For SSL we select a certificate with the name *.company.int . At the end of the installation we receive the following error:

How can we solve this? It seems like the name of the certificate leads to this error as it takes the name as a regex. Shall we skip the SSL certificate and add it afterwards?

JFI, The account for installation has local admin rights, is sysadmin on the database and is a member of the SCSM administrator group.

Best Answer

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

Skipping the SSL and adding afterwards would get you going (if you are urgent) but you need to do it both in IIS and in the Platform config file (which is a lot more fiddley).

We'd need to see the log file to see what happened here so I suggest you log a ticket (I know our system is down right now, we're working on it) and we can get it looked into.

Geoff

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

Skipping the SSL and adding afterwards would get you going (if you are urgent) but you need to do it both in IIS and in the Platform config file (which is a lot more fiddley).

We'd need to see the log file to see what happened here so I suggest you log a ticket (I know our system is down right now, we're working on it) and we can get it looked into.

Geoff

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello Geoff,

adding it afterwards in the ISS manager solved our issue :) Now we are able to access the portal. Platform cache is running fine as well.

Only the Cache Builder has a big issue:

Unable to sync SCOPED ACCESS, the operation failed permanently. Please review the log for errors, correct them, then restart the cachebuilder service.