Home Analyst Portal

Manual activity automatically goes into "In Progress" instead of the "Scheduled Start Date"

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

After creating new activities, the first one in the sequence is automatically marked 'In Progress' by Cireson. This is incorrect. For this activity, there is actually a future 'Scheduled Start Date'. Is this expected behavior, if so, what are some solutions to this issue?

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓

@Matt_Howard1 is correct here.

The Scheduled Start/End Dates are simply more data points on Work Items that you can choose to render on calendars, define custom notifications, or trigger your own automation processes around. In fact the exact scenario you layout of a Runbook before a Manual (or Review) Activity is something I've done before with Orchestrator and/or the SMLets Exchange Connector's Schedule Work Item functionality.

Answers

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited October 2021

My understanding is that field is more for looking at a calendar within the console or portal and seeing what you have scheduled for that day. You could setup a runbook activity before the manual activity that monitors for the date/time that was selected. It would keep your MA in 'Pending' until the runbook activity completes.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓

@Matt_Howard1 is correct here.

The Scheduled Start/End Dates are simply more data points on Work Items that you can choose to render on calendars, define custom notifications, or trigger your own automation processes around. In fact the exact scenario you layout of a Runbook before a Manual (or Review) Activity is something I've done before with Orchestrator and/or the SMLets Exchange Connector's Schedule Work Item functionality.

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Thank you for this information!