Home General Discussion

Database table question

alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭

is it safe to truncate this table? and will it re-sync if I do?

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[cachert].[csnCached_MT_System_WorkItem_Incident]

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Hi @alex_kokin

Yes it is safe to truncate this table. It will clear out any record of Incidents that you might have already synced to the portal but it will not destroy any data that wits within SCSM.

When you re-run CacheBuilder service, it will re-sync this data.

One thing to note though, it is also best to truncate the LastModified table also as the cachebuilder will look there first to see if it needs to re-sync data. By clearing this out it knows to do a full re-sync

• alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭

Thank you, I did truncate these but the Incident table has not replicated again. Any thoughts?

Hi @alex_kokin

I should have asked earlier, but what version of the portal are you running?

There has been dramatic changes to the efficiency and robustness of the CacheBuilder service in recent portal releases so if you are a few versions behind, I would seriously consider upgrading the portal version first.

Assuming you are on a reasonably new version of the portal, does the LastModified table have any data in it at all now after the CacheBuilder has run?

If the LastModified table has no data or has no data for the work items then it is pointing to an error with the CacheBuilder.

The next step here would be to investigate the CacheBuilder service and check the log files for this service to determine if there are specific errors that are stopping the sync.

This KB article goes in to detail about the CacheBuilder and how to troubleshoot it.

Hi @alex_kokin

I just had it brought to my attention the name of the table that you are trying to refresh.

This is a platform table and therefore the CacheBuilder has nothing to do with it.

The Cireson Platform is a different service that runs and sync these tables.

You can see some more detail on the Cireson Platform and logging etc. here Reference: Cireson Portal and Cireson Platform Logging

This KB article also gives more detail on how to purge and re-sync the Dynamic Data within the Platform: User Guide: Dynamic Data (cireson.com)

Hope these help.