Home General Discussion
Options

Knowledge article connector

Mike_LineMike_Line Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

I imported my cireson KB's into service manager using the instructions here: Creating New Cireson Knowledge Base Article Notifications in SCSM - Cireson

With the goal of creating notifications when new KB's are created/or KB's are updated.

The issue I have run into is after running this connector, My KB #'s in cireson jumped from 680 to 1200. Now when we create new KB's- they start at 1201 and so on. When viewing the knowledge base dashboard, the last KB# before implementing this 680; I created a new KB today, and it autogenerated KB# 1202.

When investigating the database, I see that my KB's are duplicated, and the dashboard is not showing all the KB's between 680 and 1201.

Has anyone else used these instructions, and run into the same?

Thank you

Michael

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike_Line

It sounds to me like the Asset Import connector is set incorrectly and is not matching existing articles when it imports them.

It is important to setup the connector in a way that it will only update the existing ones, rather than create new ones each time.

That's about all I can think of that would cause this issue off the top of my head.

Might be worth contacting your Cireson representative and see if they can provide any feedback or training.

Hope this helps

• Options
    Mike_LineMike_Line Customer IT Monkey ✭

I wish the problem was that I couldn't read- but that is not the case. The connector settings are in English, and create new items is not checked. Thanks