Home Change & Release Calendar

Changes and Shared Calendar

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to streamline change requests and how to communicate upcoming changes to our user base. Ideally I would like an Analyst to be able to submit a CR, and have that then populate a calendar that we can post to a SharePoint page that allows anyone in the organization to see what's coming up that may affect them. Looking at the existing calendars that are available, I didn't see this as being fully possible.

Is anyone else doing this now and if so, how are you doing it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kevin_Goodwin

The calendar views within the analyst portal can be used within other web pages to display the data in another location if that is what you are after.

Using the NoChrome=True parameter on the URL will hide all of the navigation UI so you can paste that in to another page.

You can get more detail on this feature here: How To: Hide Header, Navigation Nodes, and Drawer on Portal views (cireson.com)

• Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Brett_Moffett

Thanks for the info. The NoChrome=True will be useful in displaying, but the bigger problem I am seeing is that there are no CR's showing on the Team calendar. I only see RR's and I am concerned that they will at most only be for items that are in the same queue as myself. I'm needing something that will capture all of our queue's and show any scheduled CR's and RR's.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kevin_Goodwin

You are right, My Calendar / Team Calendar only show items assigned to you / your team respectively.

To show all items, I suggest you make your own Calendar view using the Calendar Widget on a new page.

Geoff

• Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Ah I think that will end up working out. Now I just need to find a SQL query to make it work. Thanks!

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use OData you will not need to know SQL to create the query.

But if you give some sort of idea of what you would want included in a SQL query I'm sure we would have members of the community that would have something close that they could share.