Home Service Manager
Options

Incident automatically closed if User anwers to Resolved mail directly

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,

we have the following problem:

Whenerver an Analyst resolves a ticket, the end user receives an e-mail about the category and description like this:

So users may Decline or Confirm via the buttons on the bottom. The problem is, many users answer to the mail directly, mostly because the issue is not fixed. As the "Confirm" button's command is "mailto:xxxx@xxxxx.xx?subject=[*Incident ID*]&body=[closed]" the exchange connector finds the [Closed] in the html code of the message and closes the ticket.

So my question is: Is there a better option to do this? So that the incident won't be closed when there is a direct answer to this mail?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Issue git resolved by using the smlet exchange connector

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Is this the official Microsoft Exchange connector that exhibits this behavior?
    • Second question (and I don't know if this has an impact on the issue you are describing or not) - are you saving the entire email to the Action Log or just everything to the "From:" keyword?
  • Options

Hello Adam,

yes it is the official Exchange Connector ;) I am aware of the fact, that there is a powershell exchange connector around here, but to be honiest, we want to stick to the MIcrosoft Exchange Connector ;)

Yes, we are savin all the mails to the action log ;-)

• Options

I'd have to try it myself because I'm curious if saving the entire email has any impact on the issue you are describing or not. e.g.

• The whole email means the entire message is processed resulting in the error you cite
    • Just the reply means only that message, and not the entire thread is processed thus the error does not occur

Again - not sure, but something to check out.

As far as the SMLets Exchange Connector goes. It is certainly something I am going to have to look into and most likely address. So whether you are using it or not, you've certainly helped me out!

• Options

Hello Adam,

i had a look at the SMLet Exchange Connector and I have to say, I really think about switching to it ( at least in our new environment we are building up at the moment).

One question: Is it necessary to build up a hybrid worker for it? Or is it possible to run it completely on Premise?

• Options
    edited November 2021

The SMLets Exchange Connector supports running through:

• Task Scheduler
    • Azure Automation/SMA
    • Native SCSM workflows just like any other Management Pack

To say the least, it deploys however you need it!

• Options
    Answer ✓

Issue git resolved by using the smlet exchange connector