Home General Discussion

Disappearing Resolve task.

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

We are having reports of the "Resolve Incident" task missing on several tickets. Sometimes if they refresh a few times the link will appear, other times they open it in incognito it will. Moreover, some say if they have it open for a few minutes it will appear. Has anyone ever experienced this type of behavior?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi Eric,

There might be something with the Platform service (which serves up the Add-Ins) not responding properly some of the time. Restarting the service will probably kick it back into gear but our team are investigating if there is an underlying issue and how to fix.

Geoff

Answers

Hi @Eric_Evans

Interesting. Do you use the Add-In for Resolve IR or is this a CustomSpace customisation?

I can think of a couple of reasons why it might not load on onetime and then come back after a refresh. However, I cannot imagine how it could 'disappear' from the page without refreshing. Tasks just don't work like that. Can you please clarify with your users and then we can investigate.

Geoff

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Yes it is the Add-In... Sorry, I was not very clear on my description.. What I mean by "Disappear" is that it will be there, and you leave the ticket and come back it is gone. I just helped a user out with this issue. I looked at the console logs and the Add-In says that it loaded and no errors. It seems to be a cache related issue.

I see, so its not a per ticket issue, its just random. The task just fails to be there 'some' of the time and it could well be cache related. Let me check with the team to see if we've heard anything similar.

Any word on this issue?

Did a restart of the portal server and that seems to have resolved the issue. What is the recommended restart schedule (if there is one)? Once a week?

Answer ✓

Hi Eric,

There might be something with the Platform service (which serves up the Add-Ins) not responding properly some of the time. Restarting the service will probably kick it back into gear but our team are investigating if there is an underlying issue and how to fix.

Geoff

edited November 2021

@Geoff_Ross Thank you so much for your support.