Home Asset Management

Advanced Portal Search - Software Asset

Moritz_FreiMoritz_Frei Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

we use the advanced portal search in our current portal. We know that the search criteria and whats shown before you select a software asset (dropdown) can be modified. However this only works with normal "String" fields. I want to show the Software Asset Status directly at the dropdown. The problem is thats an enum field and it shows only [object Object]. Seems that I have to relate to the enum. Has anyone an idea how to do that?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Moritz_Frei

Because the enum property is an object, you would then need to access the 'DisplayName' or 'Text' property of it.

eg SoftwareAssetStatus.DisplayName

However, if you are still using the search function, I strongly recommend you look at Global Search - which now does all of this and more and is build into the Portal. You can configure it all through settings, no code needed.

Geoff

• Moritz_FreiMoritz_Frei Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Geoff_Ross

at the moment we have portal version 9.4.5.2016 where the Global Search isn't available yet. We are currently working on a parallel new system where we plan to use it but at the moment this is not possible.

I now got it working using "data.SoftwareAssetStatus.Name".

Thanks, Moritz!

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Moritz_Frei

Because the enum property is an object, you would then need to access the 'DisplayName' or 'Text' property of it.

eg SoftwareAssetStatus.DisplayName

However, if you are still using the search function, I strongly recommend you look at Global Search - which now does all of this and more and is build into the Portal. You can configure it all through settings, no code needed.

Geoff

• Moritz_FreiMoritz_Frei Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Geoff_Ross

at the moment we have portal version 9.4.5.2016 where the Global Search isn't available yet. We are currently working on a parallel new system where we plan to use it but at the moment this is not possible.

I now got it working using "data.SoftwareAssetStatus.Name".

Thanks, Moritz!