Home Analyst Portal

Should a SR Go Back to In Progress

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

After completing a SR with no activities; should adding an activity set the SR back to In Progress? It seems like it either should; or the option to add activities should be removed from Completed SRs.

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Great question.

I think the answer is no, you should not be able to add an Activity and have the SR go back to In Progress. This is backed up by the design of the SCSM workflows that will not allow this.

However, the follow up question: 'Therefore, should you be able to add an activity to a Completed SR' is also a great question.

The console allows it but I don't think the Portal does. At least not the latest version. What version are you running and can you share a screenshot?

Geoff

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Great question.

I think the answer is no, you should not be able to add an Activity and have the SR go back to In Progress. This is backed up by the design of the SCSM workflows that will not allow this.

However, the follow up question: 'Therefore, should you be able to add an activity to a Completed SR' is also a great question.

The console allows it but I don't think the Portal does. At least not the latest version. What version are you running and can you share a screenshot?

Geoff

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Here's what we were running:

Current Portal Version: 11.2.1.2016

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.225

Platform Cache Version: 3011.2.1

Platform Version: 5.3.21

Add-Ins Version: 1.0.2

It looks like this issue has been addressed in the latest version. I am no longer able to add an activity to a completed SR via the portal.