Home Asset Management
Options

Changing Organization Names

Mike_BrancoMike_Branco Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

In Asset Management, Organizations, All Organizations, there are a few organizational names that have changed in the past few years. It appears that they cannot be edited in the Service Manager Console, so I am wondering if there is a powershell script to make the changes on the back-end? I have seen some people create new organizations and link any items to that, but I feel like that may be more difficult than changing the name on the current item.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Answers

• Options
    Mike_BrancoMike_Branco Customer IT Monkey ✭

In addition to this, I have a script narrowed down to be able to get the display name, just need a way to set it.

$classorg = get-scsmclass -name "Cireson.AssetManagement.Organization"

$OrgName = Get-scsmobject -class $classorg | where-object {$_.DisplayName - like "orgname"}

(the data stored in orgname at this point is class name, display name and last modified.

Then using a simple $orgname.displayname it gets narrowed down to just having the display name.

How would I go about setting "orgname" to a new name.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

On Organizations, the Name is a Key property which is to say it cannot be changed. However, the DisplayName is not a key property and thus can be changed.

That said, you are terrifically close on how to change the DisplayName.

$classorg = get-scsmclass -name "Cireson.AssetManagement.Organization$"
    $OrgName = Get-scsmobject -class $classorg -filter "DisplayName -eq 'OrgName'"
    Set-SCSMObject -smobject $orgName -Property "DisplayName" -value "NewOrgName"

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

You have to be careful with this as if you open and save the Organisation in the Portal the DisplayName is reset to the Name value.