Home Analyst Portal

Global Search Results Missing

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I can search most of our SRs via Global Search by the work item id. I have a completed ID that does not appear in the results. I can browse to the SR and open via filtering on the views but not via the global search. Any ideas what the issue might be and how to fix it?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

PlatformCache handles those tables, CacheBuilder has nothing to do with it. Did you try these options in the DynamicData Troubleshooting settings

Geoff

Answers

@Nick_Flint

The Global Search is fed by the Platform Cache tables.

Can you check in SQL and see if that SR is in the csnCached_MT_System_WorkItem_ServiceRequest table?

Geoff

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks, @Geoff_Ross. The SR is not in that table. What loads the cache tables? I have restarted the Platform Cache service several times. I have also truncated the last modified table and restarted the Cireson Cache Builder service.

Here our current version info:

Current Portal Version: 11.3.0.2016

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.225

Platform Cache Version: 3011.3.0

Platform Version: 5.3.21

Add-Ins Version: 1.0.2

Answer ✓

PlatformCache handles those tables, CacheBuilder has nothing to do with it. Did you try these options in the DynamicData Troubleshooting settings

Geoff

I did both of those this morning and lost all of the data from the cache tables. I found that during our most recent upgrade the user running the Platform Cache service was set to our App Pool user. I changed that service to run as my SCSM Service Account (SA privileges on the database) and the cache tables were populated as expected. I also tried with the Cache Builder account and it failed to populate as well.

Do we need to increase the security permissions on the DB for the App Pool account?

@Geoff_Ross was correct. This was fixed by using Reset Platform Cache and then the Schedule Platform Cache Sync tasks in the correct order.