Home Analyst Portal

Can 'Activities' be automatically built only after an 'approved' Review Activity?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Can 'Activities' be automatically built only after an 'approved' Review Activity?

We have a scenario where an 'Activity' only needs to be created/added IF a previous Review Activity is APPROVED. If denied, the activity doesn't need to be built.

I'm finding that all Activities have to be built at Request Offering submission time regardless of Review Activity results.

How can we accomplish an Activity getting created only when the RA is approved?

Thanks.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes - this is possible but requires some kind of automation step (e.g. PowerShell Activity) that occurs after the RA so when the RA completes, the PSA engages. That PowerShell Activity would then dynamically construct the Activity and then place it (presumably) right after itself. I've done this a handful of times but...

What you outline has always been something I have personally felt is more effort than it's worth given that a Rejected RA, would prevent the next Activity from engaging as the entire Parent Work Item would then stop in its tracks. What I've tended to do is design all of the paths an SR/CR/RR could possibly take and then with PSA either further shape/define downstream Activities or Skip an Activity/mark it in some easily identifiable way to know to ignore it in reporting.

Now to be clear, I am not saying your scenario isn't warranted but now I do have to ask what it is? If you'd prefer to DM me to discuss that's cool too. 😄