Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

"Homepage" dashboard widgets

13»

Comments

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt_Howard1 How is the widget defined? Can I see the HTML?

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited July 2021

@Justin_Workman

When I edit the page, I have to cancel, then edit again for the widget to appear for editing. FWIW, I am using the GitHub version of the widgets.

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Justin_Workman so, I had to re-install my test portal, but one thing that occurred to me, I did not have any assigned items or submitted requests in test. Once I created test items, the widget worked. I'm good. 😂

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Probably an easy fix but I'm not that familiar with the code and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I wanted to create an indent to the text or to introduce some padding either side of it, so its not so close to the edge:

It is just a html text widget but I've been looking at w3schools and not managed to find something to work within these widgets.

Another thing I have noticed is that I added some text to the description and I get an option to see the description:

All it seems to do is adjust the header more so its more rounded:

Is there a way to use the description on the widgets or is it best to leave it blank?

Thanks.

• Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman

Hey mate, Do you know if I can have one of the Top requests RO buttons to be a click through to another page for end users.

Want to have one saying for example "Log an application issue".. They click it and it loads another page with a long list of all the application RO's.

Click the top left:

Opens a page like this for example:

Kind regards,

Alfie.

@Alfie_Thomas - Of course it's possible to customize the behavior of the code as it's custom in nature. But my recommendation would be to create an ARO with a redirect link to your custom page and make that ARO one of your top ROs.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman

Is there a possibility to have the widgets pull a webpage into something like an iFrame to allow displaying a HTML document?

This is a non-authenticated page running some JS on top of a svg country map.

A custom widget could definitely do that @Brian_Wiest! There's an easier way to make custom widgets now than when I originally wrote the homeWidgets framework. I'll try to see if we can expose this method soon.

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman That would be Awesome :)

• Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Justin_Workman do you know when you can expose the method to make custom widgets?

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Jan_Schulz, Hi Everyone on this thread

Perfect timing. As of yesterday I have an answer to that question.

Firstly, I am please to announce the release of the Homepage Widgets Add-In. We've taken the code and formally wrapped it into an Add-In so it can now be deployed without touching code. (I say "we", it was all @Justin_Workman)

Here's a link to the KB

https://kb.cireson.com/article/user-guide-add-in-homepage-widgets/2619

and here's a blog all about it

https://cireson.com/blog/create-easy-custom-smp-experiences-with-homepage-widgets-add-ins/

Finally, as you will see teased at the end of this blog, we have 2 other widget Add-Ins coming and a final blog post and how to create your own widgets. @Jan_Schulz watch this space.

Enjoy - and let the community know how you get on.