Home General Discussion

Cireson Analytics - No attachments

Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi all,

Is this by design that the attachment on incidents are not in the analytics table? I guess that attachments will be available until a ticket is marked as closed.

Regards,

Best Answer

Answers

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I can't answer your question; but though I'd share my solution. I created a powershell script that fires when a work item is closed. At that time, the powershell script exports the attachments to folder and writes the folder path to a custom property. That custom property is now archived into CiresonAnalytics. On our detail report we link to the folder.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

File Attachments for all Work Items are not stored into Analytics.

But that said it is worth asking...if we were to start pushing File Attachments into Analytics for all Work Item types, how would you ideally want to interact with them?

• Through Global Search?
    • Through Reporting?
  • Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Nick,

That sounds brilliant. Would you mind sharing at all?

Regards,

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Sure, but no laughing. The attached files will not run without modification. I wrote them quite a while ago as a quick and dirty solution. There are more elegant ways to do this and this code could use a real good cleaning. That said, it will get you started in the right direction.

Two steps here. First, I used CallExportAttachmentsWhenWIClosed_scrubbed.ps1 to export the attachments from the work items that were closed previously. Second, I created Orchestrator runbooks to call WI_ExportAttachmentsWhenClosed_scrubbed.ps1 when a work item is closed.

• Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Adam.

Good question. Either or to be honest because after 1 year the tickets are archived but I can use the PowerShell provided by Nick to solve this. I guess this is the same as the comment log on Work items also?

Regards,

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I guess this is the same as the comment log on Work items also?

The Comment Log is available in Analytics as of 11.2

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Any eta for when this release will be available? It's the last bit from stopping us reducing our SM Data Retention to 7 days (or less).