Home Advanced Request Offering

Advance Query is not working as expected

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Advanced Request Offering

Today I tried to change the layout of a Request offering. For that I used the new "Advance Query" feature in the layout.

I want 2 prompts to be only displayed, if a custom property of the selected Active Directory User meets a certain criteria.

In detail, we synchronize the Cost Center of Active Directory Users into our Domain User SCSM Objects via a Runbook once a day -> We created a Custom Property "Cost Center" with the Authoring tool for that. The property is of type string. This property is used in the Advance Query.

Whenever I select a User, which would meet the criteria, the 2 prompts are not shown. As soon as I deselect the user, both prompts appear.

I had a look in the WebConsole log and everytime I select a User, the following error appears:

2022-03-03 13:11:42,003, ERROR [ 163]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,019, ERROR [ 53]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,034, ERROR [ 152]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,050, ERROR [ 35]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,065, ERROR [ 147]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,081, ERROR [ 70]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,097, ERROR [ 53]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,112, ERROR [ 146]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

2022-03-03 13:11:42,128, ERROR [ 163]: <log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{The criteria could not be parsed. See inner exception for details.}</args></log4net.Error>

Anyone has seen this error before? Or ist it just not allowed to use Custom Properties in the Advance Query?

Comments

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I select a User, who does not meet the criteria in the Advance Query, I get the following error message:

<log4net.Error>Exception during StringFormat: Input string was not in a correct format. <format>Unable to get AdvanceQuery List: {}</format><args>{An object of class ManagementPackClass with ID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 was not found.}</args></log4net.Error>

• Melody_DeguzmanMelody_Deguzman Customer IT Monkey ✭

Did you ever get a response to this issue? Or get it resolved?

@Melody_Deguzman

Some sort of. You might use extended properties inside the Advance Query now, but when you open the Advanced Request Offering Builder with the Advance Query in it again, and wanna edit the Advance Query, an xml error appears. Egen if not and you save the ARO again, the error message from above appears.

Right now when you have a Request Offering with an Advance Query in it, you have to delete and readd the advance query everytime yu do any changes t the request offering before saving.

I have an incident open for that

Issue got addressed in PR123966

• Brad_ZimaBrad_Zima Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Just to clarify, a fix for the above PR has not yet been released.