Home Service Manager

Self-Service Portal failing to create Incident

VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2022 in Service Manager

Hi Guys,

I'm facing an issue where when users fill up any incident form on the portal they get the Error " Request creation failed", then server logs 2 errors on Event Viewer, Operations Manager. Nothing was changed recently on SCSM 2019 Server and only start noticing this yesterday, not Windows updates i can tell.

Incidents can be created by Analyst from Service manager Console, using same template as portal thou...

Portal error:

Event Viewer Errors:

You guys ever came across this?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

thank you for the info @Vik!

Yeah I think the order is the problem:

First the object gets created with the initial template, and THEN the fields get filled with information and boom, there is the issue, fields are empty in the original creation process

Answers

Hi Vik,

interesting, the error says, that the urgency cannot be NULL.

Does the enduser role have access to the incident Template?

Sometimes that is missing.

• VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2022

Hi @Peter_Muttenthaler

Thanks for your input.

As far as i can tell, we haven't restricted any templates yet, so all should be accessible.

hm, is your urgency set in the template?

cause the message is out if SQL which says the column doesn't allow nulls.

@Peter_Muttenthaler

I've tested removing urgency from User Prompt on Request Offering and hardcoded in the Template itself. test the portal but it still fails to create Incidents. Tested re-adding Urgency into User Prompt again and Incident fails to create in portal still...

thats interesting...

which Portal version do you have?

do you have the same issue if you create a new Incident via the same template by using the "New" button in Cireson (bottom left corner)

I'm currently using Microsoft Self-Service Portal, not Cireson's one.

I can create Incidents from the same templates in Service Manager console thou.

well, do you get exactly the same error now after remove the urgency from the RO prompt list, now probably impact is the next on your list :)

Ok, I've run some more tests and it seems the templates i am using are not saving Urgency. I re-added to the template, rechecked and tested successful.

If i leave Urgency blank in the template and add Urgency in User Prompt (RO) then Incident fails to be created, If i add Urgency to both Template and User Prompt, Incident is created successful too. I guess is because template is overriding what user chooses.

Only way for now is to hardcode Urgency in templates, even if we give users option to set Urgency in portal, which is not the best...but hey...

edited March 2022 Answer ✓

thank you for the info @Vik!

Yeah I think the order is the problem:

First the object gets created with the initial template, and THEN the fields get filled with information and boom, there is the issue, fields are empty in the original creation process

Thanks for all your help, @Peter_Muttenthaler. I'll need to recreate these templates with new MPs anyway, so will nuke them and see it it will sort them.

you're welcome ;)