Home Analyst Portal
Options

Error in Cireson Notification Activity

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Analyst Portal

Today, I installed the Cireson Notification Activity App, as we could need this a lot.

I imported the MPB File first, then the two xmls, afterwards I copied the workflow.dll to my ServiceManager folder and as last step, I made Health Service State reset on our Primary Management Server. Afterwards I opened the Licensing app to receive a key for the new app.

I can add a Default Notification Activity Template to my Templates and everything works fine.

Unfortunately I receive this error message whenever I want to create a Cireson E-Mail Template.

Date: 31.03.2022 9:24:10 AM

Application: System Center Service Manager

Application Version: 10.19.1035.101

Severity: Error

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Set connectionId threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit, Version=6.0.1.278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cc39be672370310' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at Cireson.Notification.Activity.WPF.NotificationActivityTemplateWindow.System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector.Connect(Int32 connectionId, Object target)

at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetConnectionId(Object root, Int32 connectionId, Object instance)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit, Version=6.0.1.278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cc39be672370310' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit, Version=6.0.1.278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cc39be672370310'

at Cireson.Notification.Activity.WPF.NotificationActivityTemplateWindow.System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector.Connect(Int32 connectionId, Object target)

at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetConnectionId(Object root, Int32 connectionId, Object instance)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Has anyone else received this error when working with the app? If yes, is there a quick solution for that?

I also tried reimporting the xml files, did not solve the issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2022

In the installation guidelines the name of the xml MPs is as followed:

• Cireson.Notification.Activity.Templates.Library.xml
    • Cireson.Notification.Activity.Workflow.Library.xml

In the zip file it is

• Cireson.Notification.Activity.Templates.xml
    • Cireson.Notification.Activity.Workflows.xml

Is this causing the error? Is there some incorrect reference ?

• Options
    Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

The names of the files would not (or should not) matter. The details would be in the XML (name of the MP, version, references, etc). It could be possible that the AvalonEdit assembly is not in the MPB. That's just a guess, so we'll have to see what dev folks have to say.

• Options

Hello Matt,

thanks for the answer.

Yes normally it should not matter, but unfortunately I cannot inspect the xmls inside the mpb file :(

Someone of cireson support might help here?

• Options

Has been solved by the amazing @Shane_White , we were missing a dll in our SCSM install directory.

Many thanks for the help Shane!!

• Options
    Answer ✓

Got addressed in PR122214