Home Analyst Portal
Options

Does Service Manager OR Cireson Portal have any built in processes to display/calculate duration?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Does Service Manager OR Cireson Portal have any built in processes to display/calculate work item duration?

Our management looks at pending requests by priority and by age. Priority is simple, part of the product. Age is not. Currently, we run an SSRS report and then manually enter our formula/algorithm to calculate work item age.

Does Cireson or Microsoft have any mechanisms to produce this information out of box?

We would like to provide average age of completed request by Support Group, Requesting Company, Category, Area, etc. Yes, we can build things that do this for us but would suspect that almost everyone would benefit from having this data available.

Thoughts?

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason_Meyer - Are you just talking about the difference between Resolved Date and Created Date? We don't have a dashboard with this metric specifically, but it is easily calculated in SQL.

SELECT AVG(DATEDIFF(DAY,Created,ResolvedDate)) 'AVERAGE_DAYS'

, ds.DisplayString 'SupportGroup'

FROM WorkItem w

JOIN DisplayString ds

ON w.TierId = ds.ElementID

AND ds.LocaleID = 'enu'

WHERE ResolvedDate IS NOT NULL

GROUP BY ds.DisplayString

• Options

@Justin_Workman Yes, basically.

We would also like to program in 'business hours' by Support Groups across our organization.

=NetworkDays() in Excel provides this. I'll go talk to my SQL admins ($$$) and see what they can do for me.

Would like our analysts to have the ability to build these reports/analytics for themselves directly in the portal.

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

In SQL you can exclude weekends.

datediff(dd, [Create Date], getdate()) +

case when datepart(dw, [Create Date]) = 7 then 1 else 0 end - (datediff(wk, [Create Date], getdate()) * 2) -

case when datepart(dw, [Create Date]) = 1 then 1 else 0 end +

case when datepart(dw, getdate()) = 1 then 1 else 0 end As [Opened Days] 

Here is an example calc that returns the number of business days a WI has been open.

But the formula can be used into finding other metrics.

Only downfall at the time is it cannot figure out holidays.

• Options

Really appreciate the info Brian. Sharing with my SQL staff.