Home Analyst Portal - Community

Cache builder does not find Cireson AD groups

Taras_KirillovTaras_Kirillov Member IT Monkey ✭
edited April 2022 in Analyst Portal - Community

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with CacheBuilder. Its looking for groups in OU but groups were moved from it. Is it possible to change AD OU in which the Cireson portal searches for groups?

Best Answer

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Taras_Kirillov - It's also very common for the AD connector to be the fault here. I frequently see the AD connector fail to pick up distinguishedName changes resulting from an OU change in AD. When the cachebuilder tries to match the distinguishedName from AD to the SCSM CI, it fails because the CI still has the old DN. Sometimes a manual run of the AD connector helps but you can also just manually update the DN of the affected CIs.

Answers

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Have you tried truncating the AD group/AD User and lastmodified tables in the Servicemanagement database, as described here:

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#!/

First, stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup

TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

Then restart the Cache Builder service.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Taras_Kirillov - It's also very common for the AD connector to be the fault here. I frequently see the AD connector fail to pick up distinguishedName changes resulting from an OU change in AD. When the cachebuilder tries to match the distinguishedName from AD to the SCSM CI, it fails because the CI still has the old DN. Sometimes a manual run of the AD connector helps but you can also just manually update the DN of the affected CIs.

• Taras_KirillovTaras_Kirillov Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited April 2022

Thank you all guys! The proplem was in AD connector. OU with Cireson groups was out of AD connector sync scope.