Home Asset Management
Options

Permissions for Asset Management Objects without being Asset Manager

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Asset Management

Hello guys,

I want to give a small group of analysts (based on the Advanced Operator role) permissions to view and edit(to a certain point) Assets from Cireson asset Management - I do not want to give them the Asset Manager permission though.

I created a Master Asset Management role like described in this KB article: https://kb.cireson.com/article/how-to-asset-management-environment-permissions-master-user-role/2522

I also set the Asset Management permissions for Advanced Operators and Incident resolvers via the .exe. The Advanced Operator group for the Analyst group, which shall have access, has all rights on queues and configuration items.

Still, if a user from this group tries to access an asset management object the following error message appears:

An Error occured while processing your request.

unauthorized access. accessible to asset management managers only.

Do I have to create a Master Asset Management User Role based on Advance Operator in order to make this work? Or did I misunderstand the KB article and this is not possible?

Best Answer

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Simon_Zeinhofer - The users must be a member of the portal's Asset Manager group to be able to see Asset Management data. You can be an SCSM admin, but if you're not in the portal's Asset Manager group, you can't see Asset Management resources.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Simon_Zeinhofer - The users must be a member of the portal's Asset Manager group to be able to see Asset Management data. You can be an SCSM admin, but if you're not in the portal's Asset Manager group, you can't see Asset Management resources.

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman Thanks for that, I already opened a service request for that and John Doyle answered it for me :)

Everything is clear now ;-)