Home Service Manager

Service Manager not synchronizing with SCOM

VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭
edited May 2022 in Service Manager

Hi Guys,

Any ideas why would SCSM (2019) not start syncing, even manually triggered, with SCOM (2019)? I set this up fine and can see the connector in SCOM Server, I've subscribed for some alerts, but the connector in SM doesn't seem to start.

Events show nothing related to this connector.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not intricately familiar with the Rules/Alerts for said MP but one of two things is possible here:

• SCOM management servers are in an unhealthy state and SCOM workflows are behind
    • The criteria you've created completely misses the scope of what you're trying to achieve. I can't say this with certainty, but an observation I've made here from your screenshots is that you're targeting RDS Servers but the SCOM Group contains Windows Computers. Again I could be wrong, but if so, what this configuration is essentially saying is "Monitor Apples, but only send Alerts about Oranges." In which case the Group needs to contain members of the class RDS Server and not Windows Computers. This said, it maybe easier to have a Dynamic Group based on RDS servers.

After this, the next best way in my opinion to troubleshoot this is if you have an Alert that you were expecting to get forwarded over from SCOM, is that you need to interrogate it within SCOM. What MP is the Alert coming from and what is the Alert Target? e.g. is it a Windows Computer? or is it an RDS Server? etc. etc.

Answers

This is because the SCOM Alert connector doesn't really sync, so much as it's triggered by SCOM when the Alert Criteria is met.

• VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky ,

Everything seems to be setup as you stated: Connector account in SM is an admin in OM, and Connector/Alert is setup in OM with servers that I want to get alerts from.

In SCOM, I setup the criteria to be:

I can see active alerts for these servers part of group i set the connector/alert, but SM is not syncing nor creating incidents.

A bit lost now...

And just to verify, you have...

• at least 1 SCOM Group selected in the previous window
    • either ALL targets or at least 1 target chosen

?

Yes, @Adam_Dzyacky

Example of our group with 2x RDS Servers Named Remote Desktop Servers.

Connector alert on SCOM

Targets set to explicitly, pointed to the group above.

Answer ✓

I'm not intricately familiar with the Rules/Alerts for said MP but one of two things is possible here:

• SCOM management servers are in an unhealthy state and SCOM workflows are behind
    • The criteria you've created completely misses the scope of what you're trying to achieve. I can't say this with certainty, but an observation I've made here from your screenshots is that you're targeting RDS Servers but the SCOM Group contains Windows Computers. Again I could be wrong, but if so, what this configuration is essentially saying is "Monitor Apples, but only send Alerts about Oranges." In which case the Group needs to contain members of the class RDS Server and not Windows Computers. This said, it maybe easier to have a Dynamic Group based on RDS servers.

After this, the next best way in my opinion to troubleshoot this is if you have an Alert that you were expecting to get forwarded over from SCOM, is that you need to interrogate it within SCOM. What MP is the Alert coming from and what is the Alert Target? e.g. is it a Windows Computer? or is it an RDS Server? etc. etc.

I'll need to put some more time into this and investigate further. Thanks anyway @Adam_Dzyacky

Just to confirm, i removed the connectors, recreated it and re synced both SCOM and SCSM servers sorted the issue.