Home Analyst Portal

Automatically assigning specific MA's on a work item based on the owner of the parent work item.

Josh_ReedJosh_Reed Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am looking for a way to set a work item so that when an analyst assigns the work item to themselves, it goes thru and updates specific MA's on the ticket to have the same owner. We essentially have a termination process ticket that comes thru and we want to have it set so when an analyst assigns the main ticket to themselves, it will also assign specific MA's to that individual as well. I know that I can use a template to have assignments at creation, but we are looking for a way to do this dynamically after the ticket is created and only when the name Assigned Analyst for the parent work item is set.

We are also looking to have the Scheduled Start Date on some activities to be set dynamically based on the create date of the ticket.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Josh_Reed - If you use Orchestrator, you can set up a monitor runbook to watch for this relationship (Assigned to user) on the parent and then do subsequent relationship adds to the contained activities. If you don't use Orchestrator, you're looking at a custom workflow. You can define workflows in the SCSM authoring tool that will execute powershell. Part of the problem you'll have with a custom workflow from the authoring tool is it won't trigger on relationship changes by default, only property changes.