Home General Discussion

2022 Roadmaps

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If you were on the Quarterly Customer Webinar then you already know!

If you weren't on the Quarterly Customer Webinar, then this is great way to introduce you to our 2022 Roadmap. For q1 we've got enhancements coming to Analytics + a brand new Console App known as Notification Activity that is going to simplify how you notify people at various stages within a request all without having to use any runbooks to do so!

Comments

• Abby_RazerAbby_Razer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Adam was today recorded? If so will you post?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it was recorded and all registered attendees will receive a link to it in their email

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Will there be a Q2 roadmap update soon now that Analytics Archiver and Notification Activity have been released?

Yup! We'll be announcing it along with a few other items at Innovate 2022. Be sure to register if you haven't already!

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky!

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Hi @Adam_Dzyacky I think like most customers we are looking forward to the archiver. I know its really early in its development but I wondered if you think there will be discussions to include Asset Management into analytics? It would be really good for our Asset Management Team to not use the SCSM warehouse (or several iterations of it) :)

edited May 2022

Wow. Archiver is out and we're onto Config Items? That was fast 😁

I suppose the question I want to split/highlight here @Sean_Terry is:

• are you looking for Asset mgmt/Config Item's and their respective History to make their way into the Archive so you could view it all in the portal regardless of age/grooming status?

OR

• are you looking for more detailed reporting on Asset mgmt/Config Items within Analytics?

edited May 2022

To keen😀 😁. I can see this being really useful for us @Adam_Dzyacky .

If the path for the archiver was to include all the history for CIs as well, that would be brilliant. However, I think my question was more about seeing the back of the warehouse.

Our asset manager has asked for a list of disposed assets and the data was split between two warehouses. We are looking to move to 2019, so its another warehouse.

Since Disposed is an enum/list value of the "HW Asset Status" property on Hardware Assets, there isn't a risk of them being groomed out by SCSM. Which means you already have a reliable way to get this data through the Platform tables.

So long as you've configured Hardware Assets to sync to the Platform (Portal -> Admin Settings -> Dynamic Data -> Configuration). Then you can actually query against ServiceManagement like this:

SELECT *
    FROM csnCached_HardwareAsset
    WHERE LanguageCode = 'ENU'
    AND HardwareAssetStatus = 'Disposed'

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky . I missed out that the Asset Managers eventually delete them from SCSM so that is where the Analytics part comes in.

WELP...

Noted.

😁

Our updated roadmap is now available per our announcements at Innovate yesterday! If you missed Innovate and are looking for more details on some of these updates, you can check out the recordings over here.

• Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi @Adam_Dzyacky is there a new version of the roadmap you can upload in this thread?

thank you in advance.

Yup! In the event you missed the Quarterly Customer Webinar you can get the latest roadmap here -

• Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Adam_Dzyacky thank you :-)