Home Analyst Portal
Options

Add Activities limitation

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is it true that you can only have a single-level workflow in a PA using the inline add activity feature for the Analysts?

Our Server team wants to build out a ad-hoc workflow for a System Request (server build to Server, db build DBAs, etc.), but it could be different each time. They want to add, under a PA, an RA followed by on or more MAs. But the + doesn't appear after the 1st level child. btw, you can have as many 1st level children as you want, but no sequence).

Any suggestions or workarounds?

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Adam_Dzyacky , I thought you came to the rescue once again, but alas... I want to hang another , second, child MA off the first MA. And what we're missing is the SA to allow this (there's no sub + to allow a follow on MA/RA to continue the workflow)

Use case:

Review Team gets the SR with a Review RA. Next is a PA. Inside the PA the want to build 2 work streams. 1) to Server team to Review Hardware Build RA and then Build MA. 2) to DBA team to Review Database Spec RA and then Build Database MA. All inside the PA. After the PA is a final MA/RA for a Final Inspection/Review/Signoff. Then Complete & Delver.

But sometime someone wants only a database or only a server or wants to upscale or migrate or needs to include Infrastructure team for big new systems so the PA can be completely dynamic based on Requestor's needs.

• Options

One "solution" I thought (outside the box) was to give the Review team a custom tab on the SR form. It would have a sections for each Build Team with a Checkbox and Textbox to enter build instructions. They would fill this tab in at the Review RA stage. Next would be an RB that would consume their inputs and build out the PA/SA/RA/MA workflow.

They wanted to be master of the Add Activity + . But they may be asking for more than what's available until Cireson 😉 releases a solution.