Home Analyst Portal

Custom Task - "Transfer"

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I'm not a developer/coder and have barely wrapped my head around the complex world of SCSM.  I'm looking to see if it's possible to create a new custom task for the Cireson analysts to easily Transfer (Escalate) an incident that they may be assigned to do a different support group that would function the same way the SCSM console does (ie:  select the new support group, delete the current assigned to user with one button click.)

Has anyone done something like this already and can help me out?

Best Answers

Answers

• Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hmm, it looks like this script from IT Monkey in the Downloads section might do what I want it to do?

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/46/assign-to-analyst-by-group#latest

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Chris, yes that does exactly what you want. If you want to fully replicate the Escalate task in the console you would also need to set the Escalated check box with pageForm.viewModel.Escalated = true; in the code.
    Thanks all!  I love this new community site :)
    Hmm.. this doesn't seem to be working.  I pasted the contents into my custom.js file, restarted the site, recycled the app pool, restarted the caching service, and tried out the Assign to Analyst By Group" task on a test ticket and only chose the new Support Group, but it didn't null out my name from the Assigned Analyst field.

Thoughts?
    edited May 2016
    I take that back.  It's working as intended now.  Not sure what changed.  Maybe it was the new cup of coffee.

Follow-up question would be:  How can I rename the task that shows on the right-side menu to something like "reassign / transfer" ?
    I was saying that, but then I added a new comment to state that it's working now.  But I want to rename the task, if possible.
    You're a rock star.  Thanks again!
  • Robert_BrentleyRobert_Brentley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Chris, just remember JavaScript code is client based so if it appears to not be working you might need to clear your client's browser cache.
    This seems to break the functionality (or there is a bug in the Cireson portal v5.0.6) when you try to select an incident from the work item grid and use the TASKS button on the bottom bar to change status.

I attempted to perform this test just now and noticed that even though I selected "Support Group B" and did not choose an analyst > click OK, it still had the same "Support Group A" listed.  Even opening the incident form and viewing the history tab indicates that no changes were made to the support group assignment.
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If you remove the customization does that work again?
    I will try that soon.  I have an open support ticket with Cireson now to address a similar bug with that TASKS menu (noticed before I installed this customization) where you try to change the status of a parent incident to resolved and have it resolve the children, and it fails to do so.  Opening up the form and going it that way works fine though.

It could be related.  I'll have an answer most likely in the morning as I'm knee-deep in another task.
    It does not work properly with the custom script removed either. 
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    OK great thanks. I'm going to close out this thread since the issue you identified is unrelated to the answer here.
This discussion has been closed.